You are here
Airline Delays, Cancellations and Tarmac Times
See the DOT Air Travel Consumer Report for monthly tables for on-time performance, cancellations, tarmac times, mishandled baggage reports, overbookings and complaints.
For more detailed data:
- On-time and cancellation numbers by airline and airport, see Flight Delays at a Glance
See Airport Ranking and Summaries
- Ranking major airports by on-time performance
- Table 1 compares on-time performance, cancellations and diversions for the current year compared to every year since 1995.
- Table 2 shows on-time, cancellation and diversion rate for every month since 1995.
- See Causes of Delays
- See On-Time: Search by Flight Number, Airline, or Airport to view on-time performance for specific flights, days, routes or time periods
- For flights delayed more than 30 minutes at least 50% of the time, see Chronically Delayed Flights
- See Tarmac Times for monthly numbers of lengthy tarmac times and flight details
- The complete Airline On-Time Performance Database going back to 1987
- For an explanation of these reports, see Understanding the Reporting of Causes of Flight Delays and Cancellations
- For a list of carriers reporting on-time data in 2012, click here
- Reporting requirements can be found in 14 CFR 234 and in the technical directive for on-time reporting