BTS Posts New Airline Fuel Cost and Consumption Web Page
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics unveiled an Airline Fuel Cost and Consumption web page in July.
The page leads users to five different areas:
- Preliminary summary data on the industry's most recent monthly fuel costs and consumption.
- Tables with fuel cost and consumption numbers since 2000. Numbers are available for the industry,
individual airlines and groups of carriers by month, year and year-to-date.
- Summary industry fuel cost and consumption numbers from 1977 through 1999.
- Cost and efficiency measurements.
- An explanation of the several BTS databases that include fuel cost and consumption numbers.
The page can be reached from the BTS home page www.bts.gov by clicking on the link for Airline Fuel Cost