As a federal statistical organization, BTS has its own statistical standards and participates with other federal statistical organizations to improve the quality of statistical information. The practices of other transportation agencies that collect, compile, and disseminate statistical data also are also conducted under various guidelines. Here are citations to some key information and statistical quality documents and guidelines.
- BTS Statistical Standards Manual—Covers all aspects of BTS’s statistical practice.
- Guide to Good Statistical Practice in the Transportation Field—Includes the DOT guidelines for statistical information and additional BTS guidance for good statistical practice.
- DOT Report for Implementing OMB’s Information Dissemination Quality Guidelines—The DOT implementation of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) information quality guidelines and correction procedures.The DOT guidelines permit the operating administrations to issue their own guidelines, provided that these guidelines are consistent with the overall DOT guidelines.
- Guidelines for Ensuring and Maximizing the Quality, Objectivity, Utility, and Integrity of Information Disseminated by Federal Agencies –Federal Register Notice, Vol. 67, No. 36, Feb. 22, 2002, Part IX – Office of Management and Budget.
- Guidelines of the Federal Statistical Organizations - An approach to guidelines for statistical information adopted by the Interagency Council on Statistical Policy (ICSP).