Table 1. RDT Funding Summary

Table 1. RDT Funding Summary

($000)

Excel | CSV

Operating Administration FY 2007 Actual FY 2008 Enacted FY 2009 Request
FAA 261,510 299,461 369,324
FHWA1 554,195 544,964 577,394
FMCSA 12,458 11,584 10,122
FRA 37,304 38,574 36,722
FTA 61,700 66,372 61,097
NHTSA 113,329 116,144 110,089
OST 14,893 13,884 10,105
PHMSA 11,751 11,014 8,674
RITA 2,695 9,633 10,237
Total 1,069,835 1,111,630 1,193,764

1 Of the FHWA total request for FY 2009, 42 percent is under the stewardship of FHWA. The remaining 58 percent includes $110 million for Intelligent Transportation Systems and $69.7 million for University Transportation Centers, both of which are administered by RITA, as well as $156.2 million for State Planning and Research, which are Federal-Aid Highway funds apportioned to the States for research.