Issue Briefs are published by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) to provide insight into transportation issues through the presentation of the latest transportation data and analysis.
Each Issue Brief is designed to provide data-based insights from the BTS staff - statisticians, data analysts, economists and others - about our transportation system's features, growth and trends.
- Number 12 - Sidewalks Promote Walking, December 2004
- Number 11 - How Bike Paths and Lanes Make a Difference, June 2004
- Number 10 - Productivity Growth In Transportation, December 2003
- Number 8 - Rising Breakeven Load Factors Threaten Airline Finances, October 2003
- Number 7 - Many Intercity Travelers Face Longer Travel Schedules, October 2003
- Number 5 - U.S. International Trade in Transportation-Related Goods, June 2003
- Number 4 - Better Road Congestion Measures are Needed, May 2003
- Number 3 - Transportation Difficulties Keep Over Half a Million Disabled at Home, April 2003
- Number 2 - Transportation Energy Efficiency Trends in the 1990s, April 2003
- Number 1 - Commuting Expenses: Disparity for the Working Poor, March 2003